Welcome to the
8th Biennial SETAC Africa Conference
17–19 October 2017
Calabar, Cross River State, Nigeria
It is with great delight that we invite you to the SETAC Africa 8th Bi-Annual Meeting in Nigeria from 17-19th October, 2017 at Tinapa Lake Resort Calabar, Nigeria.
Calabar, the Canaan city, has a rich history and outstanding culture with splendid geographical location and cleanliness. The peaceful nature and friendly topography of Calabar makes it a famous world-class tourist attraction point in Nigeria and a good location for the Tinapa Lake Resort where Business and Leisure are integrated.
The theme for the SAF 2017 conference is “Quality of African Environment; The Roles of Science, Industry and Regulators’’. This meeting promises stimulating lectures and presentations on landmark scientific researches, professional training opportunities, and lots of time to connect with colleagues for new collaborations. Our dream is to provide a forum for novel discoveries and approaches related to environmental research for Africans and by Africans. The conference shall be a mixture of participants from academics, industries and government agencies. Please be there as your contributions will add great flavour to this epoch making event in Calabar, Nigeria.
The conference topics are:
- African environment – Aquatic and terrestrial ecotoxicology
- Effect of pesticide use and quarrying over time, space and level of biological organization
- Emerging and re-emerging contaminants: fate, effect and environmental risks
- Environmental fate and transport of contaminants
- Environmental “omics” and adverse outcome pathways of toxic substances and risk assessment
- Life cycle assessment and sustainable natural gas development
- Modeling approaches for chemicals’ fate and exposure; risk assessment of chemical
- Risk assessment, mitigation and monitoring
- Special sessions